Sunday, June 8, 2014

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Twilight 5K Race Recap

Last weekend I ran what will probably be my last 5K in Miami, the Twilight 5K. All my races lately have been bittersweet because they are ran with amazing people but ran with lots of emotion because they are marking the end of something: last run with my running group, last run with my school friends, last run with the grandparents coming out and supporting Cati, it goes on and on.

I ran this race last year and it was my second race after my IT band injury. It was this race that made me believe that I could recover from my injury and actually run faster. Since my injury, though, I am enjoying the run more and the people I'm sharing those runs with. Don't get me wrong, I am still training to run faster and have big running dreams, but getting others into running and having fun while running are my priority. So running this race this year with my school friends (now colleagues!) meant so much more than getting a personal best. Signing Cati up for the kids' dash and seeing her really run and laugh was the true highlight of this race.

What I liked:

  • Night race that started at 7pm. 
  • Race shirts were gender specific and fit well. 
  • Smooth packet pickup. 
  • Course was nice (South Miami neighborhood).
  • Free beer. 
  • Rock climbing and bounce house for kids. 
  • Plenty of food for everyone to snack on before and after the race. 
  • The company. 
  • Watching Cati run and having the whole family out to support her. 
  • Cute kids medal. 
  • Announcement of all runners as they crossed the finish line. 


What I didn't like:
  • Just like last year, it was really hot and muggy. 
  • I like the shirt, but I want a medal!
Next race recap will be for my first trail half marathon on June 29th. Cannot wait!

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram @thecookierunner
Stephanie


No comments: