Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Happy Snacker: No-Bake Granola Protein Bites

I'm a snacker. Actually, I'm a huge snacker. I'm also one of those people who eats when she gets bored so it's really important that I have healthy snacks made and ready to eat. One of my favorite snacks has to be this recipe for No-Bake Granola Protein Bites. I came across the recipe one day when I was searching for recipes that contained oats and chocolate chips. I immediately made the recipe and added a few extra goodies to it to really made it something I could enjoy. The best part is that these healthy snacks are seen as dessert by my girls. If you like peanut butter and chocolate, then you will definitely like this recipe. If you like not feeling guilty about the snack you are eating, then this recipe is definitely for you. 

No-Bake Granola Protein Bites 
Source: Slightly adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Yields about 18 bites

1 cups quick oats
1/2 cup crispy rice cereal (I use Special K)
1 scoop (1/4 cup) vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 chia seeds
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, cut into chunks
1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 Tablespoons coconut oil

Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl, being careful not to crush the cereal too much. Mix until well-combined. Add a tablespoon or so more of peanut butter if the mixture does not come together well.

Using a cookie scoop or your hands, drop rounded tablespoonful-sized portions onto a parchment or wax paper lined cooking sheet.

Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Star snacking!

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram! Instagram

Stephanie

No comments: