Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Pumpkin Week: Pumpkin Bread


Last week I was wishing for fall. I was wishing for it so much that I spent the whole week baking with pumpkin. I went from being the girl who thought she didn't like pumpkin to the girl who loves pumpkin. I still don't like pumpkin pie but I think it's more a texture thing at this point. I started off the week with a Pumpkin Bread that looked more like a cake because of the pans I had on hand. I also I added chocolate chips to the batter because everything is better with chocolate. What I loved the most of this recipe was how simple it was and how quickly it came together. Also, this was my first time baking with olive oil. I have always avoided recipes with olive oil because I thought it would give the dessert a weird taste, but it didn't. Lesson learned!



Pumpkin Bread
Source: Simply Recipes
Yields two small loaves

  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup  pumpkin purée
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray two small pans with cooking oil. 

Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
Mix the pumpkin, oil, egg, 2 Tbsp water, and spices together, then combine with the dry ingredients, but do not mix too thoroughly.
Bake about 30 minutes or until a thin skewer poked in the very center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from over and let cool. 
Follow me on Instagram! Instagram

Stephanie

1 comment:

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

I've never baked with olive oil either. Good to know it doesn't change the taste!