Thursday, September 26, 2013

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Pumpkin Week: Healthy Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes

Day three of Pumpkin Week and we're tacking breakfast. I woke up one morning wanting to make pancakes, but I wanted to make something more seasonal than my regular go-to pancakes. I chose this recipe because I liked the added boost of goodness with the oats, flaxseed, and protein powder. Meal time is sometimes a struggle in my house, so I try to pack as much healthiness I can into the things I know everyone will enjoy.


Day 1: Pumpkin Bread

Healthy Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes
Source: Tales of an Overtime Cook

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch ground nutmeg
Pinch ground ginger
Pinch salt
1/2 cup sweetener or sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin purée
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons canola oil
3/4 cup milk



Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.


In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking power, spices and Splenda or sugar. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.

Spray the pan well with Pam, or use a small amount of oil. When the pan is hot enough, spoon some of the batter onto the frying pan and spread it slightly into a circle.


When the pancakes are set on top, flip it and fry for a couple of minutes until both sides are golden brown.


Serve hot with maple syrup, agave syrup or sugar free maple syrup and a sprinkling of chopped toasted pecans.

Follow me on Instagram! Instagram

Stephanie


No comments: