Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Pumpkin Pancakes

IMG_1678
I have become a big fan of pumpkin. Aside from pumpkin pie, everything I have made with pumpkin I have really liked. Maybe it's just that my taste buds have changed and I can appreciate the flavor of pumpkin more. I have a few favorite pancake recipes and this one is my favorite pumpkin pancake recipe. Every time I eat it I feel like I'm eating a little bit of the fall season. Let's just say I am glad I have a pantry full of pumpkin puree cans so I can keep eating these pancakes whenever I want.

Pumpkin Pancakes
Source: How To: Simplify
Serves 3-4

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup milk
6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg

Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a medium bowl.

Whisk together the milk, pumpkin, butter and egg in a separate bowl. Fold this mixture into the dry ingredients.

Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook approximately 3 minutes per side. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Stephanie

No comments: