Monday, November 19, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Red Velvet Cookies

IMG_2085
So I have been on a bit of a red velvet kick around here. Soon after making the red velvet brownies I went ahead and made these cookies. The best part about this recipe was its simplicity of ingredients. For as much as I like baking things 100% from scratch, I also enjoy baking things that come together quickly by using cake mix. The original recipe had these cookies rolled in powdered sugar but instead of doing that I added white chocolate chips. I'd say that was a great change and now I can add red velvet chocolate chip cookies to my chocolate chip cooking baking obsession.

Red Velvet Cookies 
Source: The Novice Chef
Yield about two dozen cookies

6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
18.25 oz box Red Velvet Cake Mix
1/2 to 3/4 cup white chocolate chips

 Preheat oven to 375°F and line two cookie sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper.

In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs and red velvet cake mix until there are no large lumps left. Stir in white chocolate chips.

Roll dough into 1 inch balls (about 1 tablespoon worth of dough) and place on cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches for spreading.

 Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops have cracked and the tops look set (the centers will still be gooey). Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve warm or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Stephanie

No comments: