Monday, September 17, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Time Warp & Thank Yous

Most of the time I feel like I've fallen down the rabbit hole. I'm just falling, falling with no concept of time. By the time I touch ground I am disoriented. Months have passed in what felt like a week, weeks have past in what felt like a day. I have a list of things to do, things I want to do, things I want to write, things I want to remember and when I finally sit down to review the list I am shocked by how long some of those things have been on my list. Didn't I jot that down just yesterday? Has it really been that long? It's so embarrassing and, in a way, dehumanizing. I am living moment to moment; my girls make sure of that. Again, it's just so disorienting to feel like you have time to realize that you truly don't.

The reason I'm saying all this is because a few bloggers have mentioned me or passed along awards and I haven't posted about them here. One of them I honestly thought was from a couple of months ago and when I look at the link on my handy dandy list, I see that it's actually from October 2011. I appreciate the comments and the mentions more than you can know and I apologize for not acknowledging things sooner.

So before I begin, here are the people I'm tagging for all of these mentions. Please feel free to accept one or all of them! And thank you to Jennifer, Carrie, and Tricia for sending me blog love (even though I behaved like a guy and took forever to "call back").

1. SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl
2. Breedwoman needs a timeout
3. Growing on Gettysburg
4. Sew Sweet Peanut Boutique
5. This Woman Cooks!


LEIBSTER AWARD: Jennifer @ So I Peed on a Stick

The Rules:
 
To keep this award going and pass it along to other new deserving blogs, the recipient must now recognize five other bloggers with less than 200 followers that have really stood out in the crowd.

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love too!

GETTING TO KNOW YOU: Carrie @ Our Sweet Life

The Rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.  12 is kind of a lot, so you can do 6.
5. Let them know you’ve tagged them.

Fun facts about me:
  1. In high school I used to dye my hair with sun-in. I had orange hair!
  2. I still sleep with my childhood blanket.
  3. I'm a lip gloss junkie (Dior is my favorite brand).
  4. I hate wearing shorts and skirts. I feel more comfortable in jeans so I am probably the only person who wears jeans in 100+ Miami weather.
  5. I got my first driving ticket within a week of having my license. Speeding in a school zone. Go me!
  6. Before Alex I only had two other serious boyfriends.
  7. I used to have a fake ID but it was taken away when I got pulled over for speeding. Noticing a pattern?
  8. I own over 40 dresses, which is ironic considering I don't like wearing skirts.
  9. Before Cati was born I used to say I wanted three kids.
  10. I don't like brushing my hair with a brush. Alex gets on my case about this all the time.
  11.  I got an F in my middle school science class because I refused to do the science project.
  12. I was voted as part of "cutest couple" with my middle school boyfriend.

Questions from Carrie:
1. What is the last meal you made that the family loved? Spaghetti
2. How did you meet your significant other? We met while working at the gym at the University of Miami.
3. What is your dream job? Honestly? I'm still trying to figure out what my dream is!
4.  Is the glass half full or half empty? I'd like to think I'm half full.
5. One food you HATE? Fresh tomato chunks. I like ketchup and pasta sauces, but I hate tomato chunks on salads, tacos, etc
6.  What would your last supper be? Probably a cheeseburger and a big slice of chocolate cake.
7. What is your favorite color? Pink
8. What color is your bedroom painted? Blue-ish gray
9. What is your favorite movie? An Affair to Remember
10. What is your favorite way to relax? Reading a book
11. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? Sam Adam's Summer Ale
12. Do you have any pets? If so what are their names? Two crazy schnauzer-poodle mixes, Gracie and Rosie. 

New Questions:

1. Name a happy memory.
2. What is your dream vacation?
3. How long have you lived where you live?
4. What's your biggest pet peeve?
5. If you could be good at one thing what would it be?
6. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
7. Why did you start a blog?
8. If you had to exercise what exercise would you do?
9. Are you on pinterest?
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
11. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
12. What is your favorite word?



BEAUTIFUL BLOGGER AWARD: Tricia @ I Sing in the Kitchen

The Rules:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Choose seven blogs to nominate and let them know by leaving a comment.
3. Request that the chosen blogs pass on the award to their favourite blogs.
4. Copy and paste the award on your blog post.
5. List seven things about yourself.

Seven things about me:
  1. The only jewelry I wear are earrings, my engagement and wedding rings, and a necklace with Cati and Elina's name on it.
  2. I love to bake but I'm not big on eating what I bake.
  3. My current favorite song is "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele.
  4. When I was a little girl I wanted to be an astronaut.
  5. I took 3 years of Italian. I don't speak it much but I can still understand most of what I hear.
  6. I love the harp and wish I could learn how to play it. 
  7. I think the library is one of the greatest places on the earth. 
  8. Snickers is my favorite candy bar.

1 comment:

Desi said...

You are so welcome for the award! And don't worry about posting about it late, I always feel bad about checking up on your posts a month or two late. But I love your blog so much! Love reading about your girlies growing up, your counseling journey, your food journey, and your life in general! Hope we get to meet one day :)