Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

I do.

On our wedding anniversary we took professional pictures. The pictures were originally meant to be taken when Elina was three months old but we got rained out and it took a month to reschedule for a time when Alex was off. Because the shoot landed on our anniversary I thought it would be fun to have the girls get some pictures with my dress. Despite some yellowing, my dress has held up nicely in the last five years. It was so weird to see my oldest daughter wearing my wedding dress. Seeing her in it made me think of how young and full of hope I was and how far the promises we made on our wedding day have brought us. Cati and Elina are the most beautiful and amazing products of my marriage to Alex. On June 24, 2007 I said "I do" to spending my life and creating a new life with Alex and on June 24, 2012 I got to see the physical embodiment of that "I do."
IMG_8991
Cati was actually scared of my dress. I had to tell her stories and give her my bracelets to calm her down. Elina, on the other hand, was intrigued by my dress. And doesn't Elina look adorable in her romper my friend Jamie made?
IMG_8999
I can't wait to see the professional pictures!
Stephanie

2 comments:

Delia said...

Such a cute idea!

Desi said...

This seriously is a brilliant photo shoot opp!