Friday, July 20, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Cool Colors

I've been on the lookout for crafts to do with Cati this summer. Last summer she didn't really get how to participate in crafts but she does this summer and it's been fun making up games as we work on different crafts. I had seen this crayon project a few months ago and thought it would be perfect for us to do because of the amount of random crayons we have in the house. We made a game out of peeling off the paper and Cati handed me all the colors so I could cut them up into small pieces. It took about 20 minutes at 250 degrees F to melt (I checked on it every 5 minutes) and the hardest part was explaining to Cati why she had to wait to play with her new crayons. Once completely cooled, I popped the crayons out of their silicone molds and Cati ran to get her coloring book so we could color. This craft was a win-win for everyone: I got to made bigger pieces of crayons out of the millions of small crayons we had and Cati got to color with crayons in cool shapes and colors.
IMG_9151
IMG_9181 
Source: Our Best Bites
Stephanie

2 comments:

Emily Soto said...

this is awesome! i will definitely be trying this with julianna! :)

Desi said...

I bet little ones would love this! I kinda wanna do it myself lol! Am I too old to bust out a coloring book? :)