Monday, April 30, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

PB Chocolate Chip Cookies
I normally don't like peanut butter in my desserts. Something about peanut butter makes a dessert too sweet for my taste. I think I may be turning a new leaf though because I made these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and I loved them. I couldn't keep my hands off these chewy cookies. You can't miss the peanut butter flavor in these cookies but it all blends together so well.
PB Chocolate Chip Cookies

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: The Pasty Affair
 Yields about 30 cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini-sized)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter. Beat until smooth. Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Stephanie

No comments: