Saturday, October 15, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Strawberry Popsicles

Cati has an interesting approach to fruits. Some fruits she likes fresh and some fruits she likes only in the frozen-then-thawed variety. If I try to give her a fresh blueberry or cherry she won't eat it, but if she gets her hands on the frozen-then-thawed blueberries or cherries she can eat the whole bag in two sittings. I tried to see if she would eat the frozen-then-thawed strawberries but she refused. That left me stuck with three bags of frozen strawberries.
 IMG_4823
Luckily, there are enough strawberry recipes out there (like these cookies!). I wanted to make something a little different and thought this recipe for Strawberry Popsicles was the perfect thing to fit that desire. I'm not a fan of strawberries but I will tell you that I was a fan of these popsicles. Alex even said they were better than the store-bought popsicles, which is a huge compliment since these are so easy and fun to make.

Strawberry Popsicles
Source: Baked Bree
Makes 6 large popsicles

3 cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) strawberries, hulled and halved
1/2 cup honey or agave syrup
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

In a food processor, or blender combine the strawberries, honey and lemon juice. Process until smooth. Pour puree into molds and put in freezer. Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.
Stephanie

No comments: