Saturday, May 14, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

52 {Books} in 52: Misery Loves Cabernet

I don't even remember how I heard about Misery Loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder, but I'm glad I checked it out from the library because the book is a fun, light-hearted read. It's perfect chick-lit. The story follows Charlie as she tries to decide whether she wants to stick with an old love, pursue a new love, or simply learn to love herself. In between you get pieces of advice written for her great granddaughter. Gems include:
  • Don't obsess about your looks, but don't ignore them, either. Potential suitors can't see your brain from across the room.
  • Tolerance for other races, cultures, or religions is a sign of intelligence. Tolerance for staying in a bad relationship is a sign of stupidity.
  • Nothing great comes without failure.
  • Do at least one thing in your life that will outlast it. 
  • All good things must someday end. Fortunately, this is also true of bad things.
My only complaint is that I wish I would have known this book was a sequel to A Total Waste of Makeup. Not that you needed to read that book to understand what was going on in this book, but I hate reading things out of order.
 166-8

Here's what I've read for my 52 {Books} in 52 challenge:

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
4. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
5. Bad Mother: A Chronicle of Maternal Crimes, Minor Calamities, and Occasional Moments of Grace by Ayelet Waldman
6. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
7. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
8.  Misery Loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder
Stephanie

No comments: