Friday, May 27, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

52 {Books} in 52: Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

After reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo I wanted something light and funny to read. I chose Chelsea Handler's Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. The book was entertaining and definitely had it's laugh out loud moments, but I was expecting something much funnier. The things Chelsea says are outrageous and the situations she finds herself in are even more so. I can see why someone would want to develop this book into a television series because the stories carry a comedic-something that would be better portrayed in action versus on paper.

The book is a series of essays, the first of which proves you can tell a ridiculous lie and manage to get away with it. My favorite is probably her retelling the time when she dated a red head. Again, it goes back to the fact that she thinks and says the most outrageous things. If it weren't for having seen her show, I would think she was going for shock value, but what you get here is exactly what you come to expect out of Chelsea Handler. Mildly offensive, mostly hilarious, and without a doubt entertaining.
vodka

Here's what I've read for my 52 {Books} in 52 challenge:

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
4. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
5. Bad Mother: A Chronicle of Maternal Crimes, Minor Calamities, and Occasional Moments of Grace by Ayelet Waldman
6. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
7. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
8.  Misery Loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder
9.  The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
10.  Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
Stephanie

2 comments:

Swirls of Happy said...

I want to read 'Water for Elephants". How was it?

Stephanie said...

I thought it was a good book. I was expecting more of a love story but it was more of a murder mystery. Good read though.