Monday, April 25, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

52 {Books} in 52: Water for Elephants

I'll be honest and say that the main reason I wanted to read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was because of the movie. For some reason, I find myself particularly attracted to books that have been adapted into films (The Hunger Games trilogy, The Notebook, James Bond series, Harry Potter series, Twilight series, to name a few); are the movies as good as the book or is the movie a wasteful representation of a great book? Of course, I had heard of the book before but I never had it high of my list to read. That was a mistake because the book was very good. I don't know how else to describe it other than saying it was a smooth and steady read. I started the book Saturday and finished it Sunday. The book starts off with a murder and it takes almost the entire book to figure out who, what, and why. In between you learn a lot about the traveling circuses of Depression-era America and you get to read not only about the cruelty of humans but also their wonderful ability to love without bounds.
43641

Here's what I've read for my 52 {Books} in 52 challenge:


1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
4. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Stephanie

2 comments:

Delia said...

I started this book last week for the same reason - and now I can't put it down. I can't wait to see the movie!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

Wow, you read it fast! I can't wait to see the movie this week!