Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Chocolate Pots de Crème

Chocolate Pots de Crème
I couldn't resist the prospect of making an orange whipped cream to go with these Chocolate Pots de Crème. Something about the orange flavor really seemed to offer the luxurious taste I wanted for these already luxurious sounding and tasting chocolate sweets. A little bit of Cointreau (or Triple Sec) added to the heavy cream before beating did the trick and the desserts had a wonderful taste dynamic between the freshness of the citrus and the richness of the chocolate. Dorie describes the Chocolate Pots de Crème as a cousin to pudding and I agree in terms of technique, but when it comes to taste Alex and I both thought this dessert was closer to a mousse. However, that could be because I think I overcooked mine a bit. Oops, as usual.
Chocolate Pots de Crème
Thanks to Christine of BlackCatCooking for making such a great selection this week. Make sure to go to her blog for the recipe and to go to the TWD site to see what everyone else did this week.
Stephanie

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow, your chocolate sure looks dark. I was surprised mine was as light as it was since I used 70%. Orange sounds good!

Tia said...

mmm now why didn't i think of orange!? nice one!
Buttercreambarbie

Caroline said...

Looks so delicious! The orange whipped cream on top sounds like the perfect pairing! I love citrus and/or raspberries with my chocolate, that tang really gives it a one-two punch!

Unknown said...

Orange and chocolate together - perfect! They look awesome.