Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

A Little Birthday Chatter

Cati's birthday party is in 36 days. I spent one day working on different craft projects and I haven't done anything since. I don't want the party to sneak up on me but at the same time I feel like I have plenty of time to get everything done. The only things that are set in stone are the date (Feb. 12th), time (11am to 2pm), place (my in-law's), and theme (ballerina). Even then, I wouldn't be surprised if something changes. I have a ton of ideas and a vision of how things will look that day but I'm trying to be as flexible as possible. This is my baby's first birthday and I just want to make sure it is a beautiful reflection of all that she has accomplished in her first year of life.

I've flip-flopped a bit when it comes to the invitation but it seems like this one is the front runner:

The ultimate irony with me is that although this is a party for a child turning one, I personally don't like things that are too childish. This is the invitation I originally wanted:

You see what I mean? The second invitation is beautiful and totally matches the girly and vintage look I want for Cati's ballerina party but it's too "old" for this event. In other words, I think it's too sophisticated for Cati's party. The first invitation, on the other hand, matches the feel of the party more.; it's a little girl's first birthday party not her quinces. The first invitation is sweet and really girly, which is Cati in a nutshell. The second invitation is elegant and formal, which is my personal taste for such things in a nutshell. But I think people will be confused if they get the second invitation and think the invitation too formal for a baby who doesn't even know the difference between a fork and a spoon.

Does any of this make sense? Or is this just the ramblings of a mother who wants her daughter's first birthday to be beautiful and perfect? What do you think?
Stephanie

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am a lot like you in the sense that i don't like things that are super childish BUT i think i would go with the first invite because it really sets the tone for a little girls 1st birthday party.

PS. If you are doing cupcakes let me know if you want any ballerina theme cupcake toppers :-)