Monday, December 20, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms

Stuffed Mushrooms
Alex wanted stuffed mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms and I don't care for them so I didn't know the first thing about making them. Alex picked out the mushrooms and told me what he wanted in them and I found a recipe that met his taste bud requirement. I did not taste these mushrooms so I can't tell you whether I liked them or not, but everyone else that did really liked them.
Stuffed Mushrooms


Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms
Source: Italianfoodforever on Tastykitchen.com

6 whole Large Mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Finely Minced Onion (I omitted)
2 whole Garlic Cloves, Peeled & Minced
3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley (I omitted)
1 whole Red Hot Pepper, Minced (Optional-Omitted)
3 whole Oil Packed Sun-Dried Tomatoes Finely Chopped (I omitted)
1 cup Full Fat Ricotta Cheese
Salt & Pepper
5 Tablespoons Grated Pecorino Cheese (I used Parmesan)
Olive Oil For Brushing

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove the stems of the mushrooms and chop them finely. In a heavy frying pan, heat the olive oil and then add the mushrooms and onion. Cook until softened. Add the garlic and chile pepper and cook another minute or two. Allow the mixture to cool and then add the parsley, tomatoes, and ricotta cheese. Season with salt and pepper.

Lightly oil a baking sheet and place mushroom caps cut side up. Brush the caps lightly with olive oil and then spoon the filling in. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and then bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender when pierced with a knife and the tops are lightly browned. Serve immediately.

Note: Porcini or portobello mushrooms work really well in this recipe as their meaty flavor is complimented by the light, creamy filling, but large cultivated button mushrooms can also be used.

Reminder: HoneyBaked Ham Giveaway ends today at 12pm. Don't forget to enter!
Stephanie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

YUM! These sound so good to me.

Hezzi-D said...

Yum! This sounds like an awesome appetizer!