Thursday, December 30, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Best Beer Cheese Dip

Beer Cheese Dip
I made this as an appetizer for our Christmas Day meal and it was a huge hit. I seasoned with salt and pepper but that's the only change I made to this recipe. Also, I used a stout because I wanted a stronger, full-bodied beer taste to my dip. It was beyond delicious and Abuela-approved.

Beer Cheese Dip
Source: Jodi Zyvith on Allrecipes.com

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 (8 ounce) packages shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup beer
1 (1 pound) loaf round bread

Place cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, garlic powder and beer in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, blend until smooth.

Remove and reserve top of round bread. Hollow out the loaf, reserving removed bread pieces.

Spoon cream cheese mixture into the hollowed loaf. Replace bread top between servings. Use the reserved removed bread pieces for dipping.
Stephanie

No comments: