Friday, November 12, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Beef Stew Mistake

Beef Stew
I messed up what was undoubtedly a great recipe. My stew turned into a meat and veggies mixture that needed to be served with rice. The problem? Cati. It was all her fault. I got to playing with her and kind of, sort of forgot I was making dinner. By the time I remembered all the liquid was cooked out of my stew. It was still good though. The meat was so tender it barely needed a fork to be pulled apart. The veggies were so soft that I felt I could eat veggies cooked this way with every single meal. The next time I make this (there will be a next time) I don't know if I'd be able to stop myself from making the same mistake.

Beef Stew
Source: All Recipes (here)

1 pound cubed beef stew meat
1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon cold water 

In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot. Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour. 

Stir potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and stir into stew. Cover and simmer 1 hour more. 
Stephanie

      No comments: