Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

{Alex} Project Empowering Motherhood

PEM Logo
Today we hear from Alex, the very cool and very stylish mommy behind Before the Baby Wakes. I really don't even know where to start when it comes to telling you about Alex. Her blog is truly a life blog and she writes about everything from what she wears to fights with her husband (want to laugh? read about this fight) to her adorably cute son Phoenix (defiant and all) to Jermaine Dupri's nipples. That's just the tip of the iceberg too. Look through the archive of her posts and you can read about why she loved nursing, the end of her nursing days, her motherhood secrets, the meaning behind Phoenix's name, her thoughts on mommy bloggers,  and potty training tips.
April 
10 019

Here are Alex's answers:

1. One ugly truth about motherhood. That once you have a child you might not like yourself very much! Having a child who is literally the mirror image of yourself in personality forces you to confront some ugly truths about who you are. Before I had Phoenix I always knew I had a tendency to be a little bit "prickly", but I never knew to what extent and how exhausting someone like me could be. Being a mother slaps you in the face with the reality of YOU and it ain't always pretty! 

2. What does motherhood mean to you? Finally believing in love at first sight.

3. How has motherhood empowered you? Motherhood has made me braver. Motherhood has made me pull deep down and tap into strengths I didn't even know I had. Motherhood has taken me from a selfish, self-absorbed adolescent and transformed me into a crusader for my child. Motherhood has opened my eyes to worlds I didn't even know existed and made me want to fight for other child who don't have mothers to crusade for them. Motherhood has made me more compassionate. And motherhood has calmed and centered me.

vacation 2010 063

Thank you Alex being nothing but who you are and for sharing your life and love with us. You are completely honest and totally hilarious and you expresses yourself in such a way that one can't help but want to take you out for drinks.


vacation 2010 078


Project Empowering Motherhood is an ongoing series in celebration and honor of Cati's 6 months. For my responses to the questions and more about the series, go HERE. To read Jenn, Melisa, Esther, Andrea, Jenny, Jen, Mollie, Jamie, Charlotte, Erika, Shari, Julie, Lenore and Caroline's answers, go HERE. If you are interested in participating and being featured on the blog send your answers to the three questions to steppystar@aol.com. 

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Beautiful post. We're featuring you on Mom Blog Network's front page!