Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

POM Drink Week: Pom Martini


POM Drink Week has officially come to an end. I'm ending it with a bang too. What a better way to end a week of posting about pomegranate juice by posting another deliciously strong martini? Pomegranate and vodka are a drink pair made in heaven. Makes sense, considering pomegranate juice has similar flavoring to cranberry juice. This particular martini contains pineapple juice and this juice helps make the drink smoother and easier to swallow. Don't be fooled though; this drink is not for the faint. It is very strong. Almost as if the pomegranate juice heightens the vodka.

POM Drink Week Reminder: I was sent a box of POM Wonderful juices and asked to create drink recipes. I was very happy about this because I am a huge fan of pomegranate juice and an even bigger fan of trying out new recipes. I tried out a few recipes (all good, but not all winners) and will be sharing a new recipe with you each day this week.

Monday: Pom-Ade
Tuesday: Pom Sangria
Wednesday: Pom Caipirihna
Thursday: Coconut Pomegranate Martini
Friday: Pom Tropical
Saturday: Pom Banana Smoothie


Pomegranate Martini
Source: The Bar

1.5 oz Vodka
1.5 oz Pomegranate juice
1 oz Pineapple juice

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the ingredients. Shake, then serve in a chilled martini glass.

Enjoy!

PS POM Wonderful did not pay me to do this.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I've enjoyed reading your POM recipes. They sound really good!