Monday, August 23, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream

Homemade Baileys
I am so excited about this recipe. I have never made anything like this before and I was so thrilled when my homemade version actually tasted like the store bought stuff. The original recipe calls for Irish whiskey but all I had was Canadian (Crown Royal). I don't know much about whiskey so I can't tell you if using Irish whiskey would have made this recipe taste more authentic. What I can tell you is that this stuff was beyond awesome. It was sweet with just enough alcohol. I don't like whiskey on its own, but I loved it in this recipe.
Homemade Baileys

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream Recipe
Source: Cupcake Project (here)

1 cup heavy cream
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cup whiskey
1 tsp instant coffee
2 Tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a blender and set on high speed for 30 seconds.

Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Shake before using.

Will keep for up to 2 months.
 Homemade Baileys
Stephanie

    2 comments:

    Blondie said...

    Ooo, that's dangerous...I LOVE Irish cream!

    Cookie Madness said...

    A few years ago I saved up a bunch of old Jones Soda bottles, ran them through the dishwasher a few times, made funny labels, then filled them with this recipe and gave them as gifts. People really liked it.