Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

{Esther} Project Empowering Motherhood

PEM Logo
Today we hear from someone who's extra special to me. I've known this woman my whole life and I'm lucky to be able to call her my aunt. She's family and she's stuck with me! I've always looked up to her but now that I am older I really appreciate her. As a woman she embodies all the things I aspire to be: honest, truthful, beautiful, strong, determined, and fierce in her love. Most of my favorite childhood memories revolve around her: our many sleep overs, us raiding her closet for "photo shoots," and her recording us as we pretended to be newscasters.  I always knew she'd be a good mother and I'm so happy that I'm old enough to see her be an amazing mother to her son Alexander. I'm also happy that I
can count on her to help me through whatever I'm going through with Cati.

Ahh I miss the 80s!
2 years old

Here are her answers:

1) One ugly truth about motherhood. One ugly truth about motherhood is that it is the most difficult job a woman will ever have. It will be the source of many conflicts throughout my existence on this earth. Am I instilling the right values, am I spending enough quality time, should I be...? etc. So many questions that I find myself second guessing my belief system.

2) What does motherhood mean to you? Motherhood to me means unconditional love. Allowing Alexander the freedom to be who he is without fear of rejection. I want to always affirm that he is ok just the way he is.

3) How has motherhood empowered you? Motherhood has empowered me by forcing me to serve as a positive role model to Alexander. Now that I have someone looking up to me as an example, I feel the pressure to make better choices.

Thank you Esther for inspiring me everyday and for showing me that family doesn't have to be synonymous with c-r-a-z-y.

Project Empowering Motherhood is an ongoing series in celebration and honor of Cati's 6 months. For my responses to the questions and more about the series, go HERE. To read Jenn and Melisa's answers, go HERE. If you are interested in participating and being featured on the blog send your answers to the three questions to steppystar@aol.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet blog you have. This motherhood series is such a wonderful way for you to honor such strong motherly figures in your life. We should all take do the same everyday!