Monday, August 30, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Easy Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread
I made Monkey Bread this weekend. I had always been intrigued by this bread because not only was it sweet but it also looked like a lot of fun to eat. Little nuggets of butter, sugar, and cinnamon that are easily pealed away. What's not to love? I'll admit this Monkey Bread was highly addictive and I couldn't stop myself from eating after the 10th nugget of sweet. I made half the recipe because I knew it would be too much for us otherwise. I was correct. Half the recipe was enough for us to have for breakfast and as a sweet snack later in the day.
 Monkey Bread

 
Monkey Bread
Source: Ezra Pound Cake (here)

2 large cans (16.3 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup pecan halves

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt pan or tube pan with non-stick spray.

In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.

Cut the biscuits into quarters. Dip each piece in butter, roll it in cinnamon sugar, and place it in the pan. Sprinkle pecans onto the biscuit pieces at random. Pour any remaining butter evenly over the biscuit pieces in the pan.

Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top springs back when touched. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto a plate, and serve immediately. (Note: I didn't invert. We just picked away as it was)
Monkey Bread
Stephanie

No comments: