Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Lot’s of Ways of Banana Cake


I loved this cake. I was all about it. I omitted the shredded coconut and used coconut rum. My glaze was a combination of coconut rum and powdered sugar. The resulting cake was a tropical dream. To me the cake tasted like bananas added to a pina colada. I made half the recipe and there was enough batter for 6 cakelettes. Don't let the banana deter you from trying this recipe, though. One of Alex's friends who doesn't like bananas enjoyed the cake and actually went home with two of them.

Thanks to Kimberly of Only Creative Opportunities for this week's selection. Make sure to stop by her blog for the recipe and TWD's site to read about other reactions to this recipe.

9 comments:

Kimberly Johnson said...

I love your little cakelets! Thanks for baking with me this week!

Tia said...

Beautiful cake, beautiful presentation! -Tia

Amanda said...

it looks so delicate and beautiful! This was my farewell post with TWD after almost two years of baking along. Hope you'll stop by and say goodbye!

Peggy said...

I loved this cake too! Yours is really nice. Great photos.

Sihan said...

love the mini portions!

Eliana said...

Bananas added to pina colada! This sounds perfect.

Cindy said...

Looks yummy--I am not a banana fan but this was excellent! I love little cakes.

Pamela said...

Very cute little cakes!!

Katrina said...

Love your little cakelets (and calling them that). Love the icing on top, too. I love all things banana, so the cake was awesome! I'm trying to catch up on my reader and have 30 posts from you I haven't read yet!
Love looking at that baby grow! ;)