Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Mommy Must Read

I just finished reading a book I could have practically written myself. It's Stefanie Wilder-Taylor's Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay. Although there are a few things I don't agree with (like seeing no need to throw a big party for the 1st birthday...I want to celebrate surviving the first year!) there are so many more things I do agree with. I wish I would have read this book back when I was at the beginning on my motherhood adventure. Her chapter called "Love at First Sight" would have helped me feel normal about not loving every single second of motherhood those first few months with Cati. She talks about how normal it is to not feel that maddening love of motherhood the instant your baby is handed over to you because you need to get to know your baby and time to adjust to the monumental change you are about to experience. The book in general covers topics (with great humor) that I haven't come across in other parenting books and for that reason I recommend it to mommies-to-be and mommies. Anything that can help you feel less alone and isolated in your experience is always a good thing!

No comments: