Monday, June 7, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Obsession of the Week


I go to the library weekly with Cati. They have a rocker there that I love to sit in and read to her. It's a nice change of environment for the both of us and I want Cati to fall in love with books the way I have. I started our trips by reading L. Frank Baum's "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" to her and I became obsessed with reading all the Oz books he wrote during his lifetime. Did you know he wrote 14 Oz books plus a book of short Oz stories? They are so much fun to read and I've breezed through almost all of them. I'm sad to say that I only have 2 more of the Oz books to read. Sure, other people followed up with Dorothy and her adventures after Baum died, but I feel it won't be the same somehow. I need to find a new series to get into or find other kid-friendly books to read. Any recommendations?

No comments: