Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Picture of the Week

I didn't get to take many pictures this week because my energy was low and I barely wanted to leave the house, so pickings are rather slim. The Picture of the Week is of one of my favorite flowers, the plumeria (the other is gardenia). I first discovered this flower when we went to Hawaii and was instantly in love with its look and its aroma. I even bought a frame that is made of scented plumerias. The flower comes in a variety of colors but my favorite was always the hot pink one. Imagine my joy when I realized that we have two plumeria trees on our property. The trees recently started blooming and I am constantly in search of decent looking flowers to bring into the house (I have 3 bowls ready to be filled with their flowery goodness). I decided to take pictures of some of the flowers and this one is my favorite. I love how the flower instantly draws you in; the colors are so vibrant against the background. Interestingly enough, the background is our cherry-finished dresser. I was actually surprised by the picture because I am still trying to figure out the macro function on the camera.

No comments: