Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Mrs. Vogel’s Scherben

What can I tell you about these cookies? There's nothing in the name that will clue you into what these cookies are. Basically, they are fried dough showered in cinnamon, sugar, and powdered sugar. They are supposed to be crispy. I say "supposed to be" because mine came out only slightly crispy. The ones that came out really crispy were the ones I burned. Oops. Lesson learned: don't try to fry and sugar coat at the same time. Mine also didn't look nearly as pretty as the picture in the book. Instead of pretty crispy, textured cookies, my cookies looked more like sticks covered in sugar. But where they good? Oh yes, they were. We ate them all. In one sitting. And then I spent 15 minutes eating away at the leftover sugar.
Thanks to Teanna of Spoon or Fork? for this week's selection. I'm sure the TWD bakers have helped introduce the world to Scherben :)
Make sure to stop by the other TWD bakers' sites so you can see how pretty these cookies can look.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Are you pregnant? jk
I love that you admitted to eating them all as well as the extra sugar! I didn't even LOVE them and kept eating them, even the leftovers today and they really weren't as good as when they were fresh. And I'm NOT pregnant! Sigh.

Karen/Shortbread said...

Yes, these were VERY addictive!