Friday, December 11, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Nothing Sweeter

There's nothing sweeter than that new baby smell. Nothing more comforting than watching a baby sleep. Last Friday my good friend Jen gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Emma. I got to meet the sweet girl and I am smitten. Emma was so sweet and Jen looks fabulous for someone who gave birth a week ago. This is all of us together at her baby shower in October (miss you Lauren!):
Emma was nearly 8 lbs when she was born and it's amazing that that little bundle of joy was inside her mommy not too long ago. You can tell her parents are absolutely in love with her. The love just oozes out of them. I got (and still am) really emotional thinking about the creation of this new little family unit. It's really a treasure to see a new person come into a family and how everyone adapts to the new person.
Photo by Mon
I spent some time holding Emma. Mostly, I just wanted to stare at her and memorize all her little features. She was just so precious.
Photo by Mon
I can't believe this will be me in a few weeks. I don't know if my body will be able to contain all the love once Catarina's here.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I am so excited for you! New baby smell should be made into a fragrance - then the world would be a better place.

pinkstripes said...

Congrats to your friend! And how cool that you will have babies the same age!