Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

A Little Pink Makes the World a Better Place

Pink is my favorite color. Pink brightens up my mood and it always puts a smile on my face. I am that person that squeals every time she sees something in pink. I just love it that much. So I was super excited when my good friend Jen gave me pink M&Ms and asked me to make M&M cookies for her baby shower. I'm a bad baker and I can't tell you how the cookies tasted because I didn't get to taste them. Oops. I made sure to fill up a goodie bag at the shower for Alex and when he tasted the cookie he said they were really good. The recipe I used is simple to put together and I loved seeing how the pink M&Ms looked after they came out of the oven. These are a crispier cookie and you can eat a whole cookie in one bite. Actually, that last part might be my fault...I halved the recipe and was able to come out with close to 40 cookies. So if you make these cookies, make them a little bigger than teaspoon-sized.
M&M Cookies
Source: Beantown Baker (here)

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups M&M’s, divided
1 cup chopped pecans (I omitted)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat well.

Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup M&Ms and all the nuts.

Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet. Press 5-6 of remaining M&Ms on each cookie before baking. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

No comments: