Saturday, March 28, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Bleacher Bar

When my sister came into town I wanted to show her everything Boston was known for. The first thing that came to mind was Fenway Park. We have lived in Boston's Fenway neighborhood for the past 3.5 years and the Park and the Red Sox have come to be a landmarks of our Boston living. So much of what we do revolves around the Red Sox and their schedule. I'm not into sports and yet I know the Red Sox schedule by memory. That's how much they affect our lives. So when my sister came to town I knew we had to take her to Bleacher Bar. The bar is right in Fenway Park and part of it looks out onto centerfield. I wanted to get a picture of her with the field but the bar was full of St. Patrick's Day revelers.
We ordered two things. Pretzels sticks and burgers. The pretzel sticks were a great appetizer; simple and delicious.
The burgers are a steal. By far the cheapest burger in the city ($7). The burger is compact and covered with cheese. You definitely can't go wrong with this burger, especially since it comes with a side of homemade fried potato chips.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this boston series of posts your doing! except that it means your leaving... i am in the fenway area :) (just moved to boston in oct)

Elyse said...

Yum, those pretzels and burgers look totally fabulous. I'm not a big red meat girl, but I can get a serious craving for a good ole-fashioned hamburger...and you've just started that craving in me. I bet your sister had a fabulous time touring the city!