Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Happy Birthday TWD!

Today is the 1 year anniversary of Tuesdays With Dorie. I remember first hearing about TWD when I would hang around the Nest's What's Cooking? board. It took me a while to sign up for this great group because I needed to get my little hands on Dorie's Baking: From My Home to Yours book. As soon as I got the book I sent Laurie an email and started my weekly baking ritual (first week was 3/24/08 Flan). Dorie chose this week's selection and she chose her French Pear Tart. I didn't participate this week because neither of us are fans of pears and I think Alex would ignore me for a month if I made another dessert with fruit in it. But don't let that deter your from trying this recipe. It seems like a lot of the TWD bakers loved this dessert. Thank you Laurie for starting TWD and spreading the baking joy of Dorie's creations. An even bigger thank you to Dorie for writing and publishing the book that started it all.

Now, in honor of TWD's 1st birthday here are some of my favorite selections:


Madeleines 5/20/08


Sticky Buns 5/27/08

Banana Bread 8/5/08


Chocolate Chunkers 9/16/08


Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes 10/28/08


Cheesecake 12/31/08

4 comments:

Madam Chow said...

The sticky buns were my choice, and they are a favorite of mine, too!

Sharon said...

Those all look lovely but the sticky buns...oh my!

Leslie said...

Your faves look scrumptious!

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

Some of those I missed, I wasn't a member yet, I may have to do some rewinding!