Monday, January 26, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

The End of an Era

I went to New York for the first time 4 years ago. It was a girls trip and one of the things we did was the Sex and the City Tour. Part of the tour included getting a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery. However, Magnolia was renovating so we got vanilla cupcakes from Buttercup Bake Shop instead. The switch made sense since the owner of Buttercup was once one of the owners of Magnolia, so it was almost the same cupcake. That day I fell in love with Buttercup. For the next few years I built up Buttercup in my mind and to Alex. When we went to New York recently we went to Buttercup. I ordered a few cupcakes, we sat and ate inside. Everything was going well and Alex was enjoying himself. Then, I took a picture and was told I was not allowed to take any pictures. As soon as we stepped out Alex said we were never going there again. He hates when people say pictures can't be taken, especially when the picture is going to be posted somewhere that will offer the person/business free publicity. Oh well. There are a ton of cupcake shops out there and, if anything, I can make a mean cupcake. This is the picture I was scolded for:


My order.

2 comments:

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

That same thing happened to me at Sarabeth's in New York. I took a picture of their display of jellies and got scolded. I told them I would delete the picture but explained to them that I was just a tourist and they let me keep the picture. Come to find out I saw their jellies at Zabar's & Dean and Deluca so I could've gotten a picture there. They said they had just had problems with people trying to steal their ideas and such. Sorry that happened to you!

TeaLady said...

I have had the same experience. They just don't get it. Hope you find another good bakery.