Saturday, October 11, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

More Madeleines


I have yet to encounter a madeleine I do not like. First, there were the Dorie ones. I had never had madeleines until I made them for TWD. Out of the 12 I made, I ate 8 of them. I was so addicted to these cake-cookies. Then, I made the dark chocolate madeleines and these were a huge hit with Alex. Instead of cake-cookies, these were brownie-cookies. Now, we have the white chocolate madeleines. These cake-cookies were amazingly delicous. Alex said these were better than the other madeleines I have made and I couldn't agree more. They were so light and, just like chocolate, they melted in your mouth. You definitely have to try these!

White Chocolate Madeleines
Source: Carole Bloom's The Essential Baker
Makes 2 dozen Madeleines

2 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
3 oz (6 Tbsp) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup superfine sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the madeleine pan.

Place the white chocolate and the butter together in the top of a double boiler over low heat. Stir often to help the butter and chocolate melt evenly. Remove the top pan of the double boiler and set aside. Stir the chocolate mixture occasionally to prevent a skin from forming on top.

Place the eggs in a large bowl and whip the eggs with a hand-held mixer on medium speed until they are frothy, about 1 minute.

Add the sugar to the eggs and whip together on medium-high speed until the mixture is very thick and pale and holds a slowly dissolving ribbon as the beater is lifted, about 5 minutes.

Sift the flour and add the salt and toss to mix. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour to the egg mixture in 3 stages, blending well after each addition. Stop and scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula a few times while mixing.

Pour the white chocolate mixture into the batter and blend in thoroughly.

Pour the the batter into the madeleine molds, filling them 3/4 full. Place the madeleine pan on a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.



Remove the pan from the oven.



Holding the pan upside down over the cooling rack, gently shake to release the madeleines. Cool completely on the racks.



Hello gorgeous!




I love these next two shots...




Enjoy!

1 comment:

#1SAHM said...

I love madelines! I haven't had them since I was in France which was over 10 years ago...these look gorgeous! I'll have to try this recipe sometime. : )