Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Creme Brulee

Mari of Mevrouw Cupcake has made an incredible selection for Tuesday With Dorie this week. Creme Brulee is one of my favorite desserts and it's something I'm only used to having after a fancy dinner. I always thought it was a tough dessert to make, but once I saw the recipe I was stunned. How could something so delicious only consist of 6 basic ingredients? I couldn't believe it. I've always had the ingredients in my kitchen and never knew that I could combine them to create creme brulee. The only problem we had with this dessert was getting our little torch to work. After caramelizing the sugar, we dug right in and enjoyed the creamy, silky, consistency of the custard. It was so delicious and such a nice way to end the weekend.

Don't forget to check Mari's blog for the recipe and th TWD site to see what everyone else thought of this dessert.

Creme brulee bubbles.


Ready to bake.


All done!


Yum! Despite the bad lighting.

13 comments:

Lori said...

yeah, even a shadow can't obscure the luscious creaminess of your custard in that bottom photo. YUM.

Chez Us said...

I still love the look of your creme brulee ... came out nicely! I know how you feel about bad lighting, it drives me crazy, too!

Christine said...

I still love your creme brulees they look perfect!

Kaitlin said...

Mmm, the consistency looks perfect! Great job!

Engineer Baker said...

Bad lighting sucks, but those still look delicious. Simple ingredients, maximum impact.

Cakespy said...

Amazing. I'd love to dig into that gorgeous custardy creme brulee!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Isn't it great to find such a simple, delicious recipe! Your creme brulee looks gorgeous!

Madam Chow said...

They look great, lighting issues and all!
Madam Chow
http://mzkitchen.com/

Mari said...

Yea, I'm so glad that you liked it! Yours crème brûlée looks great!

Sihan said...

what bad lighting? those gems are sparkling there.. YUM..

Unknown said...

Lighting is so tough! I do most of my baking at night and there's never good natural light to work with. I think your creme brulee looks great despite the light!

Linda said...

The simplest desserts are the best...great job on your creme brulee!

Heather B said...

Your creme brulee looks delicious! Great job!