Sunday, May 4, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

You must try this...

My good friend Edgar bought me a cookbook for my birthday and he made a great choice. The recipes are easy, quick, and delicious. I have made this one recipe at least 3 times and this is a lot considering I've only had the book for a month. It's that good.

Flank Steak with Lime Marinade
Source: Martha Stuart's Great Food Fast

1/3 cup lime juice (about 4 limes for fresh juice)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 scallions, thinly slice (I omitted)
2 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger (I used 1 tsp ground ginger instead)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 lb flank steak
Vegetable oil
Salt
Fresh ground pepper

In a resealable bag, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, scallions, ginger, and red pepper. Add the steak and seal the bag. Marinate the steak in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes.

Heat the grill to high and lightly oil the grates. Remove the steak from the marinade, letting excess drip off (discard the marinade); season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill; cover. Cook, turning once, until the meat has reached the desired doneness. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing thin.

Enjoy!

No comments: