Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

My Husband is Spoiled

I don't know what it is about the man, but it's intoxicating. When we first started dating I couldn't understand all the love his family felt for him, especially the women in his family. He was the baby of the house and will always be the baby. He is the only person on this planet that I know who has a grandmother that would make him a grilled cheese sandwich at 2am. I am his wife and there's no way I'd make him a grilled cheese sandwich at 2am. If he wants it that bad, my response to him would be "you know where the stuff is, go make it yourself" and, if I'm feeling especially daring, I'd tell him to make me one as well. I don't think the latter part would come across well, but who asks for a grilled cheese sandwich at 2am?!?

After this week I came to a startling realization. I have officially joined the women in his family. All I want to do is spoil and pamper him. That means that not only do I want him to be happy (Josie would approve), but I also want to feed him all the time (Abuela would approve). While you won't catch me making him sandwiches when I should be dreaming about sipping pina coladas on some remote island, he's got me wrapped around that perfectly formed pinky of his. He asks for stuff and he gets it almost immediately. The latest request was oatmeal cookies. I don't like raisins so I told him I would make him oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. The darling man had never heard of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I was amazed and stumped. I knew that I had to find a recipe good enough to introduce him to the cookie.

Luckily, I found a recipe and finally got to use the cookie scoop my friend Shanna gave me for Christmas. Alex enjoyed the cookies, as did I. They were chewy and sweet and crispy.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: AllRecipes.com (here)

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (I used 1/2 tsp)
3 cups quick-cooking oats (I used old fashioned)
1 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Enjoy!

A tip I learned from reading the reviews of this recipe was to chill the batter for an hour to prevent getting cookies that are flat. The tip was a good one and it made scooping easier.

Trying to be artistic


Yummy Cookies


I saved you one :)

No comments: